University of Leeds
The University of Leeds is among the Russell Group of research-intensive universities, offering over 500 undergraduate and more than 200 postgraduate-degree courses. Known for providing an outstanding student experience, and with a strong commitment to their students and staff, Leeds have established a vibrant PhD and postdoctoral community. Their industry networks are at the heart of research, focusing on health, water, food, energy, culture, cities and engineering.
Reflected on the Times University Guide 2021, the University of Leeds was placed 15th overall in the UK. They also performed well across subject rankings, top 10 across the following subjects: Accounting and Finance, Art and Design, Business and Management, Chemical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, English, Marketing, Mechanical Engineering.
The university is located on a single-site campus, a short walk from Leeds city centre, with access to art galleries, museums, shopping and plenty of creative green spaces. Recently over £500m has been invested into transforming its campus, which includes state-of-the-art sport and well-being facilities, a 25m eight lane swimming pool and the largest fitness suite of any UK university. Over a quarter of staff and one fifth of students are from overseas, creating a single, cosmopolitan campus on the edge of one of the UK’s largest cities.
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Faculty of Environment
- Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Interdisciplinary research
- Lifelong Learning Centre
Why study at the University of Leeds?
- One of the Russell Group prestigious universities in the UK.
- It is ranked in the Top 50 best universities in the world.
- Leeds University Business School is triple accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
- It is located in Leeds – one of the best student cities in the UK.
- It is also awarded as the “University of the Year” in 2017.
- No.15 best university in the UK by The Good University Guide 2021
- Top 100 globally by QS World University Rankings 2022
- Top 10 research universities in the UK by Research Excellence Framework 2014
- Awarded Queen’s Anniversary prize in 2009 and 2011.
- Leeds University Union is the first student’s union in the UK to be awarded an excellent status by the National Union of Students (NUS)
What is the University of Leeds famous for?
- Business and Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Art and Design
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Interested in studying at the University of Leeds?
If you are interested in studying at the University of Leeds, please add our Line official account to talk with our experts to get you more information and free counselling on your study options. Our service is free of charge.Add Line to talk with our expert