For those interested in studying in Australia but have no idea how to get started on applying for a university, One Education team can guide you and will go through the following steps:
1. Give us details about your academic qualifications & any work experience
Usually, the universities you apply to will be most interested in your latest academic qualification such as school results and exams, or the title of your degree program and where you studied. So to help you find the best courses for you we will need to know:
- Where you studied (the name of your school or university)
- The name of your qualification (for example IB or Bachelors Degree)
- The results you got (and if they are final or predicted result)
- English language test results (for example: IELTS / TOEFL or PTE)
- Any other exams (for example SAT or GMAT)
- Any relevant work experience (this can be full time, internships or other experience)
2. Get advice and counselling from One Education team
Tell us what you are interested in studying in Australia, for example, English language course (short term or long term study program), or a Bachelor or Master degree. (If you are interested in studying a PhD degree in Australia there is usually a different application process but we are happy to give you advice). As well as the kind of qualification you want to study for we need to know which subject area or areas you are interested in such as Business, Engineering, Humanities or Information Technology. Then, our counsellor will provide you more information and counselling about some relevant course details, or a list of universities with suitable programmes and requirements that match your qualifications.
3. Prepare documents to apply for a university
Once you have decided on a specific program and university, you can send documents listed below to our counsellor. We are an official representative of most Australian universities and work with them to make it easier for you to apply, for example we are able to certify your documents for you. Applying with us makes the process smoother for you.
List of documents for the application process
- Academic Transcript*
- Graduation Certificate or Qualification certificate in English*
- English proficiency certificate such as IELTS, TOEFL or PTE (if any)*
- Employment certificate (if you have work experience)*
- CV/Resume (in case you have work experience)
- Statement of Purpose (for some programs only – our counsellor will tell you if you need this)
- Referee reports (for some programs only – our counsellor will tell you if you need this)*
* Please bring the original documents and one copy of each so we can certify we have seen the original.
4. Fill out the application form
Your counsellor can provide you with copies of the application forms you need. Many universities have application fee around AU$100 – AU$150. However, we are often able to waive any application fees you would have to pay, because we are the official representative (Please check the details with our counselling team before submitting an application)
The general intakes in Australia
Most universities have 2 semesters but some have a 3 trimester system with an additional intake in September each year.
- 2 Intakes: February and July
- 3 Intake: January, June and September
5. Wait for an offer letter
The application will be considered and it may take between 2 – 6 weeks to get an offer back depending on the program and university.
6. Proceed to accept your offer letter
After you have received an offer letter, you must accept the offer and pay tuition fees with the university within the specific period if you want to accept the offer. Our counselling team will assist you during this process.
7. Apply for a student visa
Prepare another set of documents, including confirmation from the university you are a genuine student and have accepted, and paid a deposit to study. Our counselling team will guide and support you every step of the visa application process as there are some different rules and regulations you need to follow to make sure you get your student visa at the right time and are able to go to study in Australia.
Planning to study in Australia? Contact One Education to get more information and free counselling on your study options. Our service is completely free of charge.
Add Line: @one-edu
Click here to submit an online form then our counsellor will contact you back directly.
One Education | Study Abroad. Simplified