University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is a university founded in 1853. It is a well-renowned university and one of the members of the Group of Eight universities in Australia. The university is known for its strong research, high-quality education, and many of its course programs have been ranked among the top 10-50 in the world.
The University of Melbourne is located in the city of Melbourne, the capital of the state of Victoria, Australia. Melbourne is considered as one of the most livable cities in the world for the last 9 years, known for its arts, sports, food, and transportation system. It is also known for its safety, student-friendly atmosphere, and cultural diversity.
Students can travel from the Parkville campus to the city center of Melbourne within 15-20 minutes.
The University of Melbourne has two campus in Melbourne: Parkville Campus and Southbank Campus.
It is the main campus, located not far from the city center of Melbourne. The campus features beautiful and historic buildings, along with modern facilities such as 12 libraries, cafes, small supermarkets, and fitness centers. Although this campus is not located in the heart of the city, it is surrounded by hospitals, research centers, and learning centers.
This campus is located in a neighborhood surrounded by art and culture, and is known for being the cultural capital of Australia. This campus is specifically designed for students studying Art, Music, Performing Arts, and features state-of-the-art performance spaces, music and dance rehearsal rooms, animation and film studios, and visual arts studios. The campus is also conveniently located near famous art institutions such as the National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne Theatre Company, Melbourne Recital Centre, Australian Ballet, Chunky Move Dance Company, Arts Centre, and the Australian Centre for Contemporary Art.
Why study at the University of Melbourne?
- The University of Melbourne is recognized as the number one university in Australia, and ranked 33rd in the world *
- The University of Melbourne is a member of the Group of Eight – leading universities in Australia.
- The is located in Melbourne which is one of the world’s most livable cities, and a hub for technology, arts, and sports.
- The university also has Trinity College, which offers Foundation Studies programs for international students to prepare them for undergraduate studies at the University of Melbourne.
* Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
What is the University of Melbourne famous for?
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the top universities globally, and many of its course programs have been ranked among the top 20 in the world. According to the QS World University Rankings 2022, the University has several subjects that are ranked in the top 20 globally, they are:
- Law and legal studies
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Education and Training
- Engineering – Civil and Structural
- Accounting and Finance
- Development Studies
- Performing Arts
- Veterinary Science
- Arts & Humanities
- Engineering – Mineral & Mining
- Social Policy & Administration
- Social Sciences and Management
- English Language and Literature
The University of Melbourne offers courses at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate level in a variety of fields including sciences, technology, finance, accounting, economics, arts, media studies, informatics, humanities, languages, and social sciences
- Bachelor of Agriculture
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Specialisations
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Oral Health
- Bachelor of Science
- Architecture, Building, Planning and Design
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Business and Economics
- Engineering and Information Technology
- Music, and Visual and Performing Arts
- Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
- Including, Juris Doctor (Law) and Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Master of Research
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
The curriculum offered by the University of Melbourne is diverse and flexible, providing students with a comprehensive and enriching experience throughout their time at the university. The job market is competitive and demands individuals with a diverse set of skills, knowledge and flexibility. Thus, the creativity and adaptability of University of Melbourne students will set them apart from others in a rapidly changing world.
International House is a student residence managed and maintained directly by the University of Melbourne. It is a residence for undergraduate and postgraduate students, with over 300 students choosing to stay here. The residence is located within a 10-minute walk from the university, and offers a variety of room options to meet the needs of the students. These include private rooms with en-suite bathrooms, shared rooms, shared kitchen and shared or private bathrooms. There are also floors designated for female-only.
Interested in studying at the University of Melbourne?
If you are interested in studying at the University of Melbourne, please contact our experts to get more information and free counselling on your study options. Our service is free of charge.Add Line to talk with our expert