The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology or RMIT was first established as the Working Men’s College in 1887. Since then, RMIT University Melbourne has grown from a technical college in Melbourne to a world-renowned university in technology and design. The university offers undergraduate and graduate programs in areas such as art, technology, and business.
One of the key connections between RMIT’s past and future is the university’s ongoing commitment to education and research that responds to the needs of industry and community. The culture of learning and teaching at RMIT continues to focus on the university’s industrial relevance, by providing practical and innovative education and research opportunities, and preparing graduates for the current and future job market.
RMIT is considered one of the most comprehensive universities in Melbourne. In addition to that, students can also study abroad through exchange programs with partner universities in countries such as Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Australia and Netherlands.
The university provides accommodation for students, including RMIT Village, Cambridge Court & College Square in the Melbourne City campus and Walert House in the Bundoora campus. During their studies at RMIT University, students can access various services and facilities such as learning spaces, sports centers, laboratories and research centers.
RMIT University has three campuses in Australia which are Melbourne City campus, Bundoora campus, and Brunswick campus, and also two campuses in Vietnam.
Why should study at RMIT University?
RMIT University has more than 480,000 alumni in 150 countries. Why do these people choose to study at RMIT University? The main advantages of RMIT are:
- RMIT University has campuses in Melbourne and Vietnam with partners over 200 institutions across Europe, Asian and North America.
- RMIT’s goal is to create inspiration and attract many people to discover new ideas and perspectives by exploring cultural and resource areas.
- Teaching, research, and participation are important in creating transformative experiences for students at RMIT
- There are facilities and amenities both on-campus and internationally, with award-winning buildings and state-of-the-art facilities.
- RMIT’s curriculum is designed in partnership with the industry to align with industry needs and provide necessary skills for success in the workforce.
- Biomedical sciences
- Information Technology
- Social and community
- Top 301 – 400 globally by ARWU Shanghai Ranking 2021
- No. 206 globally by QS World University Rankings 2022
- Top 301 – 350 globally by Times Higher Education World Rankings 2022
- Top 250 globally by US News & World Report 2022
What is RMIT University famous for?
- Art & Design – No.1 in Australia and No.15 globally
- Architecture – No.3 in Australia and No.31 globally
- Communications and Media Studies – No.4 in Australia and
- Accounting & Finance
- Development Studies
- Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Food Science
- Biomedical Science
Reference: QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022
Interested in studying at RMIT University?
If you are interested in studying at RMIT University, please add our Line official account to talk with our experts to get you more information and free counselling on your study options. Our service is free of charge.Add Line to talk with our expert