Manchester, situated in the North West region of the United Kingdom (Northwest England), proudly holds the title of the third-largest and most populous city in the country. Once renowned for its industrial prowess, Manchester has undergone a remarkable transformation into a vibrant hub of life, characterised by rich social and cultural diversity.
Weather in Manchester
Winter (December – February): 6°C – 8°C
Spring (March – May): 9°C – 16°C
Summer (June – August): 18°C – 20°C
Autumn (September – November): 9°C – 17°C
Why Study in Manchester
- Manchester is a city with a large student community. There are many universities and educational institutions that are famous both in the country and globally. Students here will learn from professors and lecturers who are experts in various fields.
- It was once the epicenter of Britain’s industrial revolution, experiencing tremendous industrial growth in the 19th century, proudly symbolize by ‘The Worker Bee’ that adorned the entire city.
- It is the birthplace of many famous bands such as Oasis, The Smiths, Joy Division and The Stone Roses, making the city’s nightlife activities, lights and music festivals lively as well.
- Manchester is also renowned for its contributions to the world of football, being home to two iconic clubs, Manchester United and Manchester City, along with a rich tradition in rugby and cricket.
- The city serves as a vibrant melting pot of cultural, social and racial diversity, exemplified by its leadership in the Pride Movement and renown festivals such as the Manchester International Festival and Chinese New Year celebration.
Universities in Manchester
- University of Manchester (Russell Group)
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- University of Salford
English Language Schools in Manchester
- British Study Centres
- EC English
- English Path
- Kaplan International Languages
- New College Group
Considering studying at a university or language school in Manchester? Feel free to request more information or apply to study with One Education. We’re delighted to offer guidance and support at every step of the process. Our service is completely free of charge. Add Line: @one-edu or submit your enquiry here