University of Exeter
The University of Exeter was founded in 1955 and despite being relatively young, Exeter is a member of the UK’s Russell Group and is recognised as one of the best universities in the world, with the motto ‘Lucem sequimur’ (we follow the light). Examples of the ranking achievements include being placed 12th in the UK (Times University Guide 2021) and 164th in world (QS University Rankings 2021).
Approximately 98% of its research was rated as international quality in the Research Excellence Framework (REF). Recent development of a £52 million Living Systems research centre focuses on disease prevention through predictive biology, a recent breakthrough includes the identification and treatment of new forms of diabetes.
The University is spread across four campuses: Streatham & St Luke’s in Exeter, and Penryn & Truro in Cornwall. Six academic colleges offer opportunities in a wide range of subjects across science, humanities and social sciences. The University has a strong international approach with students offered foreign language tuition, either as part of their course or as a separate evening class. Notable alumni include J. K. Rowling – who studied a BA in French and Classics.
The University is spread across three campuses:
It is the main and largest campus of the university. Located in the countryside of Exeter, one of England’s most beautiful towns. This campus is fully equipped. These include a refurbished student center and library. There is a learning area full of modern technology. Various academic buildings, stadiums, shops, restaurants, and cafes are all within walking distance.
St Luke’s Campus
This campus on the east side of Exeter city center is home to the Faculty of Sport and Health Sciences, the Medical School, the Academy of Nursing and the Department of Allied Health Professions. As you walk past the North Cloisters archway, you’ll see the square’s surrounding lawns. with a modern school building This campus offers a wide range of facilities including libraries, IT centres. Student Service Center Modern seminar and lecture rooms sports center Indoor heated swimming pool, sports room, as well as studio and fitness center.
This campus, with around 6,000 students, is a shared campus with the University of Falmouth. It is one of the smallest campuses in the UK to have been awarded gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework.
- Faculty of Environment, Science and Economy
- University of Exeter Business School
- Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
- University of Exeter Medical School
- Faculty of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
Why study at the University of Exeter?
- Top 20 best universities in the UK
- One of the UK’s Russell Group universities
- Excellence in teaching and have a gold award from Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- Research excellence and received a prestigious Queen’s Anniversary Prize
- Excellent teaching and research facilities and laboratories for science, technology, engineering, mathematics, medicine, humanities, and science across all university campuses.
- No.15 best university in the UK by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- No.15 best university in the UK by The Guardian Good University Guide 2023
- No.150 globally by Times Higher World University Rankings 2023
- Received awards as the Sports University of the Year 2015 -2016 by The Times and The Sunday Times
What is the University of Exeter famous for?
- Data Science
- Sports Science
- Accounting & Finance
- Business & Management
- Drama, Dance & Cinematics
- Biomedical Sciences
- Computer Science
Exeter is one of England’s most beautiful country towns. Located in the county of Devon which is in the southwest of the country. There are ancient stone-paved streets and old walls that remain for people and tourists to visit. The highlight of the city that attracts tourists each year is the old Gothic-style Exeter Cathedral which is regarded as one of the most beautiful cathedrals in England.
Interested in studying at the University of Exeter?
If you are interested in studying at the University of Exeter, please add our Line official account to talk with our experts to get you more information and free counselling on your study options. Our service is free of charge.Add Line to talk with our expert