University of Adelaide
The University of Adelaide is one of the members of the Group of Eight, a coalition of leading research universities in Australia, known for its research excellence. It is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world by various ranking organizations such as QS World University Rankings, Times Higher Education, and Shanghai Jiao Tong’s Academic Rankings of World Universities (ARWU). The university’s research is generally considered to be “above world standard” by the Australian Research Council’s Excellence in Research Australia.
The University of Adelaide is a 140-year-old institution and is the 3rd oldest university in Australia. It is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities worldwide. Currently, the university has more than 27,000 students from over 100 countries.
The University of Adelaide has a wide range of courses such as Health and Medical Sciences, Sciences, Business, Law & Economics, Education, Humanities, Music, Social Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Computer Sciences, and Mathematical Sciences.
The University of Adelaide is located in the city of Adelaide, which is the capital city of South Australia. Adelaide is a comfortable and safe city with friendly people, making it ranked as one of the top 10 most livable cities in the world (Economist Intelligence Unit Global Liveability Index, 2019) and one of the cities with the most affordable cost of living in Australia compared to major cities like Sydney and Melbourne, with living costs being 12% cheaper. Therefore, Adelaide is a great city for international students, with a vibrant city center, lively lifestyle, and a reputation for hosting festivals and sporting events.
The University has three campuses in South Australia – North Terrace, Roseworthy and Waite, and a new campus in Melbourne, Victoria.
- North Terrace Campus is the University’s main campus. It is located in the heart of Adelaide’s central business and shopping district. The campus is adjacent to the State Library, South Australian Museum, Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide Zoo, and Botanic Gardens.
- Waite Campus is located 7 kilometers south of Adelaide. Students can take a shuttle bus between North Terrace Campus and Waite Campus. It is home to the Waite Research Institute which is the largest agricultural research in the southern hemisphere and the third largest in the world. The research areas include wine, plant biotechnology, plant breeding, sustainable agriculture, and land management.
- Roseworthy Campus is located on 1,600 hectares of land and about 55 kilometers from the city centre. This campus is an internationally renowned centre for dryland agriculture, natural resource management, and animal production. Moreover, It is home to the only veterinary school in South Australia.
- Faculty of Arts, Business, Law, and Economics
- Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Sciences, Engineering, and Technology
Why study at the University of Adelaide?
The University of Adelaide is widely considered to be a good university. It consistently ranks among the top universities in Australia and the world, and is renowned for its academic excellence, research output, and student experience.
In the latest QS World University Rankings 2022, the University of Adelaide was ranked 106th in the world, and in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022, it was ranked 120th. In addition, the university has received a number of accolades for its teaching, research, and overall performance.
The University of Adelaide is also a member of the prestigious Group of Eight (Go8), which is a coalition of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities. Overall, the University of Adelaide has a strong reputation for academic quality, research excellence, and student experience, making it a popular choice for domestic and international students alike.
What courses are the University of Adelaide famous for?
- Artificial Intelligence (No. 7 in the world)*
- Petroleum Engineering (No.10 in the world) **
- Mining & Mineral Engineering (No.19 in the world) **
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (No.25 in the world)*
- Dentistry (No.25 in the world) **
- Computer Science (No.41 in the world)*
- Nursing (No.46 in the world) **
- Civil Engineering (Top 51-100 in the world) **
- Veterinary Science (Top 51-60 in the world) **
- Clinical & Health (No.59 in the world) ***
- Earth Sciences (Top 51-100 in the world) **
- Pharmacy & Pharmacology (No.70 in the world) **
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (No.71 in the world) **
- Education (No.75 in the world) ***
Interested in studying at the University of Adelaide?
If you are interested in studying at the University of Adelaide, please contact our experts to get more information and free counselling on your study options. Our service is free of charge.Add Line to talk with our expert