Cardiff University is the only Welsh institution in the top 200 of the QS World Rankings, and as a member of the Russell Group, Cardiff is one of Britain’s top 24 leading research universities. The university is recognized as producing research which tackles modern day challenges. The discoveries of Professor Sir Martin Evans (Nobel Prize winner) into stem cell pioneer are now being applied across the field of biomedicine and have been key to establishing Cardiff as a world-leading centre for biomedical research. The University maintains a reputation for producing research rated as world-leading and internationally excellent.
The University’s stone buildings are centrally located in the city and are surrounded by parks and tree-lined avenues. Students are attracted to this institution throughout the world with its strong international reputation and commitment to excellence. Cardiff University was founded in 1883, combines impressive modern facilities and a dynamic approach to teaching and research. Cardiff University offers a stimulating environment with this combination of established tradition and industry leading innovation.
The Students’ Union is one of the biggest and most active in Britain, it offers an exciting programme of entertainment, diverse clubs and societies – there are more than 200 cultural, political, religious, social and sporting societies to cater for all types of interests!
- Welsh University of the Year 2022 by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
- No. 2 Research Impact in the UK by Research Excellence Framework 2014
- Awarded seven Queen’s Anniversary Prizes which is indicative of the excellent quality education and international
- Top 5 university for research quality by Research Excellence Framework 2014
- Top 7 UK University for its career services by Time Higher Education 2017
- Top 50 best universities in the UK by the Times and Sunday Times University Guide, The Times and Sunday Times University Guide, and Guardian University Guide 2021
- No.3 best Students’ Union in the UK by Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2020
See all Cardiff University rankings here
Why study at Cardiff University?
- Cardiff University is one of the top Russell Group universities in the UK.
- The University is located in Cardiff city centre.
- It was named as a “Welsh University of the Year 2022” by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide.
- Received 7 Queen’s Anniversary Prizes, which are indicative of the excellent quality of education and international recognition.
- The university staff has been awarded two Nobel Prize winners and 13 Royal Society Fellows.
- There are free foreign language courses for students, including French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese and Wales.
- Cardiff Business School courses are accredited by AMBA.
What courses are Cardiff University famous for?
- Biological Science – No.4 in the UK and Top 30 globally by Shanghai Ranking 2021
- Communication and Media Studies – No.4 in the UK and No.25 globally
- Architecture & Built Environment – No.5 in the UK and No.37 globally
- Mineral & Mining Engineering – No.3 in the UK and No.43 globally
- Dentistry – No.6 in the UK and No.50 globally
- English Language & Literature – Top 100 globally
- Geography – Top 100 globally
- Pharmacy & Pharmacology – Top 100 globally
- Psychology – No.10 in the UK and Top 100 globally
- Social Policy & Administration – Top 100 globally
The rankings above are according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019
Interested in studying at Cardiff University?
If you are interested in studying at Cardiff University, please add our Line official account to talk with our experts to get you more information and free counselling on your study options. Our service is free of charge.Add Line to talk with our expert