Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck, University of London is a world-class research and teaching institution and is the only university in London specialising in evening study at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD levels. It is also a member of the University of London federation, which has been providing education for over 200 years since 1823.
All undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD courses at Birkbeck are taught in the evening, which is the unique feature of being an evening university. This enables students to have the opportunity to work and gain work experience in the real world, making them more employable in the job market.
In addition to its central location in London, the university is also situated in the heart of the University of London federation, allowing students to utilise services such as libraries, student residences, and other conveniences such as research labs within the University of London network, such as University College London (UCL) or SOAS University of London, providing opportunities to meet students from other universities.
And even though Birkbeck, University of London is an evening university, it still offers educational conveniences such as the Interactive Online Learning Centre which is accessible 24 hours a day. Student Support is also available to help with learning, as well as Financial Support.
Birkbeck is located in the Bloomsbury area, which is the centre of historical, cultural, and educational activities in London. It is surrounded by 19th-century architecture and is located near the largest and most renowned museum in the UK, the British Museum. Students can easily travel to nearby areas such as Soho, China Town, Covent Garden, and King’s Cross.
- School of Arts
- School of Business, Economics and Informatics
- School of Law
- School of Science
- School of Social Sciences, History and Philosophy
Why study at Birkbeck, University of London?
- Top 350 in the world by the QS World University Rankings 2023.
- Birkbeck is a world-class research and teaching institution with a reputation for academic excellence.
- Birkbeck was ranked 11th in the UK for research intensity in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF). The REF is a national assessment of research quality conducted by the UK government every five years.
- 95% of Birkbeck, University of London graduates receive job offers within 6 months of completing their studies.
- Birkbeck was named ‘The Best University in London for Student Experience’ by the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2019
- No.15 in the UK for graduate prospects by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021.
- The University is located in the Bloomsbury area of London, which is known for its historical, cultural, and educational activities.
- Birkbeck’s School of Arts is ranked 3rd in London and 22nd in the UK by The Guardian University Guide 2021.
- School of Law is ranked 2nd in London for overall student satisfaction according to the National Student Survey 2020.
What courses are Birkbeck, University of London famous for?
- Humanities – No.11 in the UK **
- Philosophy – No.9 in the UK by The Guardian University Guide 2021
- Mathematics and Statistics – Top 30 in Europe and No.11 in the UK *
- Social Sciences
* QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021
** The Guardian University Guide 2021
Interested in studying at Birkbeck, University of London?
If you are interested in studying at Birkbeck, University of London, please add our Line official account to talk with our experts to get you more information and free counselling on your study options. Our service is free of charge.Add Line to talk with our expert